Tim graduated from Ohio University in 1976 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications (BSC) from OU’s College of Communications, School of Communication Studies (formerly School of Interpersonal Communications). Upon graduation, he joined M&JB full time and served in a variety of capacities, including both sales and consulting. As Director, his responsibilities include product development, implementation, training and on-going support of all MBA customers on a worldwide basis. Because of this, he has traveled extensively providing training and consulting services at various levels of computer proficiency (novice to expert) on a variety of management and computer related subjects.
An avid writer and speaker, Tim discusses everything from business and management, to politics and morality, to systems and technology, and our ever changing world. In addition to his columns, you can listen to Tim on the radio at:
- WJTN-AM (News Talk 1240) “The Town Square” with host John Siggins (Mon, Wed, Fri, 12:30-3:00pm Eastern)
- WZIG-FM (104.1) in Palm Harbor, Florida CLICK to stream.
- WTAN-AM (1340) in Clearwater, Florida The Glenn Pav Show.
- KIT-AM (1280) in Yakima, Washington “The Morning News with Dave and Lance” with hosts Dave Ettl & Lance Tormey (weekdays. 6:00-9:00am Pacific).
- Or tune-in to Tim’s channel on YouTube.
Tim is the principal author of M&JB’s “PRIDE”-Enterprise Engineering Methodology (EEM) and the designer of the Computer Aided Planning (CAP) tool (a tool for calculating corporate priorities and performing an organization analysis) and Automated Systems Engineering (ASE), a tool used to generate system designs through inference. He was also the principal author of the company’s Automated Instructional Materials (AIM).
Mr. Bryce’s areas of specialty includes:
- Enterprise Engineering – for defining the mission and goals of the business and the development of an Enterprise Information Strategy synchronized with the business.
- Information Systems Engineering – for designing and building enterprise-wide information systems (business processes crossing organizational boundaries). Systems Engineering is considered a precursor to Software Engineering.
- Data Base Engineering – to design and develop the corporate data base, both logically and physically.
- Project Management – to plan, estimate, schedule, report and control projects.
- Methodologies – standard project work breakdown structures representing best practices for developing quality products.
- Repositories – for cataloging and controlling information resources thereby providing a vehicle to share and reuse such resources.
Tim’s largest systems project, where he served as lead Systems Engineer and Project Manager, was a massive project including twelve business processes, 73 programs, 560 modules, 295 files (with an integrated DBMS), and over 1.5 million lines of COBOL, C, and Assembler code.
A prolific writer, Tim has considerable experience in writing technical documentation (paper and on-line), help text, and web design. He has authored several articles on a variety of computer and management related subjects and was the co-author of the book, The IRM Revolution: Blueprint for the 21st Century (ISBN 0-9621189-0-7), and penned the “PRIDE” Methodologies for IRM eBook (ISBN: 0-9786182-0-3). More recently, he published THE BRYCE IS RIGHT! Empowering Managers in today’s Corporate Culture (ISBN: 0-9786182-3-8).
His latest book is Stand Up for MORALITY, (ISBN: 0-9786182-8-9) is a frank and open discussion about morality in American society and how is should be taught.
Mr. Bryce regularly maintains a blog entitled The Bryce is Right! which is read by thousands of people worldwide. He also maintains the “PRIDE” Special Subjects Bulletins, a library of papers discussing various issues pertaining to management and IRM. In addition, he has over 30 years of experience in writing and producing industry newsletters. He has also made several presentations at computer trade related meetings and has given lectures at various universities. Tim also actively participates in various trade related associations and user groups, as well as community organizations.
In addition to his writings, Tim actively participates in a variety of podcasts.
Tim is available to give presentations on various management and systems development topics, click HERE to contact him.
Tim’s articles have appeared in:
- ACR’S SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER
- AIIM’S E-DOC MAGAZINE
- ASM’S JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- AUSTRALASIAN COMPUTERWORLD
- CANADIAN DATASYSTEMS
- DATA TRAINING
- DATALINK (U.K.)
- FLORIDA MASON, THE
- FREEMASONRY FOR THE NEXT GENERATION
- FREEMASON INFORMATION
- ICP PUBLICATIONS
- INFORMATION WEEK
- LODGEROOM INTERNATIONAL
- MAINFRAME JOURNAL
- MANAGEMENT VISIONS
- MASONIC GLOBE
- OS/2 MAGAZINE
- OS/2 MONTHLY
- PC WORLD
- ST. PETERSBURG TIMES
- TAMPA TRIBUNE
- WASHINGTON TIMES
Tim has made speeches/presentations at:
- ACM Chapter Meeting
- American Management Association (AMA)
- ASM Chapter Meetings
- Barnett Data Systems Conferences
- Center of Academics for Business Administration and Management (CABAM)
- Data Administration Users Group (DAUG)
- Data Processing Management Association (DPMA) Chapter Meetings (now AITP)
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) District Meeting
- IDMS User Meeting
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- - South Florida Chapter
- - West Central Florida Chapter
- North Pinellas Republican Club
- OS/2 World Conference
- PRIDE Users’ Associations
- Sarasota-Manatee Human Resources Association
- Tampa Bay Area CASE Users Group
- Tampa Bay OS/2 Users’ Group
- Purdue University
- University of South Florida
- University of Tampa
- Xavier University
Tim is available to lecture on the following subjects:
- 10 Tips for Improving Social Intercourse
- A Short History of Systems Development
- American Scene
- Changes: Why we resist, and the effects due to Technology
- Craftsmanship: the Meaning of Life
- Creating a Skills Inventory
- Creating an Information Factory
- Creating Universal Systems
- Defining Information Requirements
- Diagnosing System Problems & Testing
- Enterprise Engineering
- How well are we preparing the Next Generation?
- Information Resource Management (IRM)
- Information Systems Engineering
- Intellectual Property and I.T.
- Managing from the Bottom-Up
- Morality – why it is deteriorating and what can be done about it.
- Parenting Management
- Project Management (Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Reporting, Control)
- Requirements Definition
- System Design
- System Training Tips
- Technical Writing
- The Art of Persuasion
- The Bryce is Right! Empowering Managers in Today’s Corporate Culture (a crash course in management)
- Understanding Corporate Culture
- Writing for People
Tim has conducted training/consulting services in:
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
“On the ‘Town Square’ we count on ‘The Bryce is Right!’ for timely and accurate Political, Social, Business and Humorous commentary three days a week. Our listeners depend on Tim’s wit and wisdom and he always delivers from beautiful Palm Harbor Florida. Talk Radio listeners have many choices, none better than Tim Bryce.”
“Tim has some amazing insights into so many things – he’s a very bright guy with a sense of humor too!”
- Carol Van Drie
Lansing, MI, USA
“A couple of months ago, I clicked on a hot article by Tim Bryce. I liked what I read so I went to his site to read more and I am so glad that I did. Tim is one of those folks I call a “sleeper”. He is here but he just goes quietly about his craft not necessarily seeking or needing anything from anyone. He is one of those people that you just instantly like. Judging from the way he writes, I really believe that he has the ability to bring some order and understanding into just about any state of chaos. He can attack most any subject and take it from a new perspective. It will always be interesting. He can be very objective and fair but I suspect that he can tell it like it is when he wants to do that. He writes in a way that just inspires. He slowly takes things apart and puts them back together right before your eyes. When he finishes with a subject, you really understand it or you really understand how you feel about it. He still believes in those things that made America great, work ethic, honor, duty, your word, consideration for your fellowman. When you read his work, you will believe in those things as well. Tim can get any subject down to the reader’s level and get the intimidation out of it for the reader. He does that by creating an empathy with his reader and he does it well. Just reading his work has created a lot of reader awareness in me for my writing. If you have doubts, go to his site and read the piece on cigars. You will see. If I were directing a hostage crisis or mediating a labor contract, I would want Tim Bryce with me. I’d win too!”
- Wayne Brown
Arlington, TX, USA
“The Blog description is so right. You might not always agree with Tim but he always makes you stop and think, and I mean universally. Even being from Finland, the topics are so relevant that it is a pleasure to ponder them.”
- Timo Kettunen
“We engaged Tim to bring the PRIDE methodology to Atlantic Electric. The methodology, along with an estimating system we developed locally, allowed us to bring in projects on time, on or under budget, and within 3% = – on labor estimates. If I sound like a bigot in favor of using development methodologies I am. The methodology was so flexible that it allowed us to model our process for new tools and different development languages.”
- Michael Barnes
Assistant Director Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid at UNC
“Mr. Bryce’s presentation to our group of South Florida Business Analysts took place at Carnival Cruise Lines offices in Q1/ 06. Per my request to him, he responded in the affirmative with professional grace and flexibility per format/content. His presentation was engaging, highly intellectual, with clear focus and, in short, rewarding for all attendees. Mr. Bryce is extremely knowledgeable, well published, possesses a large idea-base and is very generous in sharing, and discussing, his life-work, including overseas-work anecdotes, with other professionals regardless of their seniority or level of experience.”
- Robert Goldman
Technical Business Analyst at Citigroup
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Director, South Florida Business Analysis Group
“Tim has deep skills in project management and Information Technology. With his three decades of experience in consulting with the “PRIDE” family of IT management tools, around the world, he understands the IT industry issues with a truely global perspective. Tim is also very experienced in corporate communications and technical marketing, providing effective leadership in that area during the time that we worked together at M&JB. Tim is a great guy to work with, and a real team player.”
- Oliver Hagerman
Systems Integrator at Sun Microsystems
“While at Elizabeth Arden I had the pleasure to work closely with Tim on the implementation of the “PRIDE” methodology on a global basis within the Arden IT organization. Tim proved to be a subject matter expert on “PRIDE” and on the architecture required within an organization to support it. Since then Tim and I have continued to collaberate on IT initatives and issues of the day. Tim is highly articulate, intelligent, entraprenaurial, and a state of the art IT professional.”
- Michael B. Snyder
“Early in my career at Atlantic Electric we purchased a project management methodology and a system development methodology from Tim’s company, M. Bryce & Associates. I found Tim to be more than just a vendor selling a product. I viewed Tim as more of a mentor and coach with respect to project management and system development. His products always seemed like just a means to the end. Tim’s mentoring and coaching helped me grow professionally more than any class I have ever taken. And you can take it from me, even to this day; Bryce’s Laws are spot on.”
- Tom Pietropola
Business Architect at EMC/Technical Solutions
“I find Tim’s blogs insightful and thought provoking. Whether you agree or disagree, they make you think.”
- Tom Pietropola
“Tim Bryce – rants on – and I often recoil from the tone but often there’s some uncluttered truth being written out loud.”
- Sarah Farrugia
“Tim has the conviction and passion that transforms his dedication to information technology management into a piece of art. I highly recommend his free articles, essays, bulletins, methodologies, and podcasts (which are in clear English terms) to any information technology professional who could find them on-line.”
- Fernando Doylet Auson
Programmer at The School Board of Broward County
LinedIn Skills Endorsements
Tim has also served on numerous Board of Directors of industry, non-profit, and fraternal organizations, as founder, President, and a variety of other capacities. He is also an active Freemason.
For more information on Mr. Bryce, see his interview from the Spring of 2006.
Tim can be contacted at: