– What have we learned?

By now, most of us know the results of the Super Tuesday voting. Former VP Joe Biden, made a come from behind charge, and Sen. Bernie Sanders did well out West and in his home state of Vermont. I found the results illuminating, particularly how it defines the interests of the Democrats.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a column on which direction the Democrats were heading. At the time, the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire primary were behind us and the results showed a 60%-40% split in the party (Traditionalists vs. Far-Left). As I mentioned then, we would have a clearer picture of the character of the party following Super Tuesday (yesterday) and, Yes, it has indeed come more into focus.

I have been doing some number crunching today and found on Super Tuesday, over 10.7 million Democrats voted. When you combine the total votes cast for Sen. Bernie Sanders and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, representing the Far-Left interests of the party, you come up with 48.1%, leaving 51.9% for Traditionalist candidates such as former VP Joe Biden, Mayors Pete Buttigieg and Mike Bloomberg (both of whom have bowed out of the race), et al. This is substantially different than the 60/40 split I originally mentioned. Frankly, the party is now split down the middle.

Considerable pressure will be placed on Sen. Elizabeth Warren to exit the race as she has failed to win anything substantial, and consider this; if Sen. Warren had been out of the race, Sen. Sanders would have likely beaten VP Biden in Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Texas (not so in Traditionalist states such as Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia). To combat this, look for a cash infusion into Sen. Warren’s campaign from Traditionalist supporters who want to keep her in the race in order to derail Sen. Sanders campaign.

The most important point to make here is that the personality of the party has split from 60/40 to a near 50/50 split. If the Traditionalist Democrats wrestle the nomination from Sen. Sanders, watch for him to exit the party with his constituents and create a new third party, e.g., “The Democrat Socialists.” It is also conceivable his group would take over an existing party, such as the Green Party, or Socialist Party USA. Either way, the split would be the death knell of the Democrats, at least for the 2020 election.

Keep the Faith!

Note: All trademarks both marked and unmarked belong to their respective companies.

Tim Bryce is an author, freelance writer and management consultant residing in Palm Harbor, Florida. He is available for lectures and interviews.

Copyright © 2020 by Tim Bryce. All rights reserved.

Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.

Zeen Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="314"]